Bouncing mixes to USB stick, truncated/punctuated results

bluesfordan

I had a few longer than my usual 2:30 mixes that I put on my USB stick. These were the tracks that I had trouble with trying to add reverb to that I spoke of elsewhere. I resolved that issue but now a different arises.

On playback in my car's stereo, on the USB stick one track abruptly ends, there is at least another 30 seconds to a minute, another ended probably within 20 seconds of its actual finish. Another has a brief dead spot, with a loss of about 5 seconds before it resumes. Same place, same amount of time, picks back up in the same spot.

is it the stick? Was it something else while the computer was rendering the tracks in the bounce? I listened to the source tracks in Logic Pro, no glitches there.

Should I print the tracks with the reverb before bouncing it to the USB stick? Still not sure how to do that yet.

Maybe don't bounce it directly but rather to the computer's hard drive, then drag it onto the USB drive. I don't think it's very likely that will help, but it's worth a try for diagnostic purposes.

Are you bouncing to mp3 or wave?

I have loaded thousands of songs to USB sticks and never had that kind of issue, but I have had a couple of songs with file corruption sounds. I would definitely bounce/render to the computer's hard drive first, then drag and drop to the USB stick.

Render to hard drive.

Play it to make sure it is ok, then copy to USB stick.

If it doesn't behave in the car, it could be either USB stick or the car's audio system not loading it properly

Never had a problem either but then I always 'save as' to the desktop (default destination in Samplitude) then 'send to' the USB stick.

One thing to watch for is to not whip out the stick when you are finished. I always go to the taskbar icon and 'eject the drive' and wait the few seconds until told it is safe to remove it. I know this is not necessary for drives less than 16G (32G?) but a good habit to get into anyway.

Dave.

Never had a problem either but then I always 'save as' to the desktop (default destination in Samplitude) then 'send to' the USB stick.

One thing to watch for is to not whip out the stick when you are finished. I always go to the taskbar icon and 'eject the drive' and wait the few seconds until told it is safe to remove it. I know this is not necessary for drives less than 16G (32G?) but a good habit to get into anyway.

Dave.
I do the 'save as' thing, name my file and put it in a folder. But i use the 'Bnc' (bounce) button in Logic to send it to the USB stick. Maybe that's the problem? Didn't seem to affect the shorter stuff I record direct. These longer files are from video I shot on my phone and saved to my computer, loading them into Logic via the Movie>Extract Audio feature.

Are you bouncing to MP3? Maybe it has something to do with the steps Logic does when it bounces non-lossy (in the target destination) and then converts?

I almost never bounce to MP3 in Logic anymore - will save that to a final listen and nitpick session in RX 8 (now that they've fixed the MP3 conversion that was in RX6 :().

Back