bouncing clips

bufaloeletric

i recorded a hawk screeching from youtube onto my Reason DAW. the sound of the wind hitting the mike was noticeable and i managed to find its frequency on an equalizer and almost eliminate the noise from the soundclip. when i bounce the clip to my sampler tho, its as if none of the mixing ive done bounced with it. just the raw audio with the wind noise present. can anyone explain why?

Can you explain what "bounce" means to you?

Sounds like you're running an EQ plug against the track whilst you're playing it back and reducing the wind noise, but haven't actually "printed" the effect + hawk screeching to a new track, and so however you're "bouncing" you're just using the original track... to me, anyway.

Can you explain what "bounce" means to you?

Sounds like you're running an EQ plug against the track whilst you're playing it back and reducing the wind noise, but haven't actually "printed" the effect + hawk screeching to a new track, and so however you're "bouncing" you're just using the original track... to me, anyway.

to me, bounce means loading the audio clip into the sampler, but your probably better off asking the developers of the Reason context menus, because they are the ones using the word "bounce". your statement makes sense about "printing" the effect. im gonna have to figure out how to make that take i guess. thanks for the input.

"bouncing" normally means taking a series of tracks and consolidating them into one...common on standalone machines or daws with track number limitations...

It should just be a matter of arming a track and pressing record to get a copy of the track with the effect applied.

Or 'rendering' the track.

And for example in cake' speak (nobody calls it cake anymore, 'bounce to clip renders clips and clip effects together- but not the track fx's. 'Bounce to tracks' does both, and like doing the same but exporting' the result- you may choose to include the track fx', bus fx' etc.. or not.

Back