Bought another "Tele"

It has arrived. It is missing the spring for the Bigsby! I emailed the gent I bought it from. Now I am going to have to
hunt down a spring.

Reverb, Amazon StewMac, eBay..... not hard to obtain
I noticed different diameters and length. I will wait to hear from the gent I bought it from. It looks like he removed it so it would pack flatter
and forgot to include it? He sent a gig bag and two cords which he didn't mention.

I did exactly the same thing, and lost mine years back. Had to hacksaw the new one to get the lever height right.
If you have a pedestal or bench grinder with a nice square wheel you can grind a v in it and break it off or grind right through.
I used to do that with heli-coils all the time as a machinist. Quicker and easier if you have a grinder or dremel tool with a cutoff
wheel.

The gent packed the wrong accessory package in with the guitar and is sending me the spring. Problem solved.

I am still waiting on the spring. I haven't plugged it in yet. If the company had just gone that little extra mile to put binding on the F
hole it would have made a world of difference in the looks.

She sounds alright. The knock off Bigsby on it is the tightest I ever felt. I guess it will free up with use. I don't think I am going to keep it.
I depend on the fret markers on the neck to often and find myself getting lost on this thing.

I made the whole thing up in a fit of jealousy.
Your in good company. I posted a pic of me on a big Harley on facebook, just sitting on one. Everyone thinks I own a bike now and are
flabbergated! I haven't contradicted them or acknowledged it. Should I bust their bubble? I could make up wild crazy bike stories.

Actually, I shot me practicing it on video, just larking about, with some cool moves.
Far too embarrassing for publication, at least for now.
Here in Poole, we have summer weekly 'bike nights', on the quay.
All the bikers bring their bikes to show off.
I shot a long video, looking at all the cool bikes, some custom, and recorded a music soundtrack for it. (Nobody bothered viewing it)
The great many Harleys on display inspired the song, but it needs more fleshing out yet.

Back