Boss Sp303

Disco_Dave

Hi all, haven't been around here much recently but wondered if any of you would be kind enough to give me your thoughts on the BOSS SP303 sampler.

As a gigging musician steeped in the rock and roll myth my music has always been quite simple....i.e. drums, bass, guitar, vox and a spattering of piano. I am basically looking for something to play with, and to try and insert some new sounds into my music.

The reviews I have read so far have been mixed but it that by buying a second hand one of these I could take a low cost step into the world of sampling. If you don't rate it then maybe you could suggest possible alternatives.

Many thanks in advance.

I have the SP202 (model made a year earlier) and the only diff bet the 202 and the 303 is minor cosmetic changes. Decent unit for simple tasks. 32khz sampling rate, adequate looping and adjustable pitch and tempo efx. Can be used as a sequencer for the DR202. In-board 4 min sampling time that can be increased to
32 (or more) minutes when using a SmartMedia card.

Thanks for your response, still haven't made my mind up yet.

The biggest problem I have is that unlike a guitar you can't just play it for five muinutes in a shop and decide whether you like it! I haven't yet bought any gear that I don't like but theres always a first time!

Though I have sold quite a lot on ebay I have never bought anything, this could be something to look out for going cheap me thinks.....

Back