boss se-50

coffeeandtv

I've been hearing lot of good things about the boss se-50, i also looked at couple threads on it as well. I've never owned an effects processor and I was wondering if it can do vocal effects and how reliable is it live?

sure it can do vocals and it's as reliable as any microchip device. They were discontinued years ago so you will be getting it used as is. They are not the end all of fx processors and for basic vocal plates and reverbs you can get that in any new fx unit.

But they are considered classics and they do have a good rep.

i paid $225 aussie dollars which is about $115u.s.d

i think its a great unit, perhaps just a teensy weensy bit noisy but that is the only negative thing i can say about it....

there is a gated reverb preset (called phil collins) on there that can make your drums sound like 1987.... in fact i think this must have been the official multi f.x. unit of the "karate kid II" soundtrack :D

Experience with the SE-70

I used for some years the BOSS SE-70 (the big brother of the SE-50) in addition to the ALESIS QUADRAVERB+ for vocals. Good results.

Now I use a LEXICON MPX500 in addition to the ALESIS QV+.

Don't think I threw the SE-70 away. I still use it as an efficient multieffector for the bass !

It is quiet and well sounding.

Cheers,

Patrick
Brussels

Back