Boss RC-30 (Looper Station)

RyanRosario

Hey everyone! I just have a few newbie questions. I recently just purchased a boss rc-30 and...

1) Can you use studio monitors as an amplifier for your pedal? (just wanting to hear your loops live through speaker when your home) Or do you actually need a preamp or poweramp for better quality?

2) What's better for your loop pedal? A Pre amplifier or Power amplifier? For both jamming at home to hear the sound I produce and if I were to perform live with the pedal somewhere? What's the better choice for both situations?

3) If I'm just jamming on my own with my pedal, is it necessary to have any amplifier? Or can I just have the pedal, the usb cable connected to the computer, and just jam that way without spending for studio monitors/preamp/poweramp?

4) If anyone out there is knowledgable with certain INEXPENSIVE at the best quality amplifiers for this pedal, can you please let me know some by linking some? (Preferably things being sold on amazon)

That's all! Thanks everyone!

If anyone else here has the boss rc-30 with experience, it'd be great to have your thoughts on this whole thing as well as I start off! The Boss RC-30 is pretty much like starting a new instrument, so I need someone with good knowledge I guess haha.

Seeing you haven't acknowledged responses to your previous 2 RC30 threads, why would I answer more questions?

It's a guitar pedal. You presumably are a guitar player. If you don't have a guitar amp, perhaps you should get one. It would be a good start.

Have a freebie - the USB is for file import and backup. Not transmission of audio.

Yes, I saw your answer on the other thread. I just forgot to reply to it, but it helped me a lot so if I'm not too late, I apologize and thank you so much for your help, Armistice

I'm using the pedal for both guitar and vocals to be looped. Also, is there a difference between a guitar amp to a power amp or preamp? Is a guitar amp one of these and just specifically made for just guitar and not vocals?

Oh I see! Thanks for letting me know that!

If anyone out there can answer my questions above still, that'd be amazing. God bless!

Update: I just realized my focusrite 2i4 is a preamp so I don't really need to look into getting a preamp if I need one... I guess preamps and audio interfaces are pretty much the same? Or well some could have a preamp built in it and some not. Someone correct me if I'm wrong haha

@Ryan - your interface, like mine, probably has both a preamp and a plain line-in for inputs.

My advice is to see what sounds best and to go with that and not worry about it anymore. Unless you get screaming feedback or seriously degraded sound, you're probably doing more or less the right thing.

Roland looper pedals are sophisticated enough to be plugged into either a preamp or a simple line in without either one risking damage to your system.

Back