Boss RC-30 Looper Pedal mic input light not turning on. | HELP!!! |

RyanRosario

So for those who have a Boss RC-30, or don't but somehow know a solution to this, I have a problem... I turned on my Boss RC-30 and wanted to record on my pedal I just got. So I click the left pedal.. I realize that when I click it again, I'm not making any sound at all with it. THEN I NOTICED... the mini red light next to my mic input level isn't on. The rest of the other lights are on, but not this. I check if I have phantom power on. Yes it's on because I have a AT2020 Condenser Microphone with a GLS 25 foot XLR Cable. But even with the mic plugged in, it's not detecting it. So I remove the XLR cable and wiggle it around the input.. and sometimes at a certain spot, the red light turns on! What do I do? I JUST BOUGHT THIS AND I'LL BE REALLY DISAPPOINTED AND SADDENED TO SEE THIS BOSS RC-30 ALREADY BROKEN W/O EVEN EXPERIENCING THE USE OF IT...

rc-30_top_gal.jpg <--- Full Picture of the Boss RC-30

3eca3e2ce8.jpg <--- That mini circle should be bright red indicating a mic is inside the looper, but it isn't even with phantom power on and the mic plugged in.

Yeah I already checked phantom power turned on.

Okay the mic is detected. I adjusted the knob so when I sing at times being loud, it lights up occasionally. So it looks like that my Boss RC-30 is working, but I'm just doing something wrong.

Because when I do click the left pedal as read on the manual, I still don't hear anything coming out of the speaker when I click the pedal again to stop the recording and have it play.

Some more information, I have my guitar cable connected to the L Output. And I saw that it has an image that you should be connecting only speakers/monitors. The speakers that I have only use a 1/8 jack that I connect to the Boss RC-30. It doesn't have a 1/4 cable. So I guess I should consider the speakers like headphones? And get myself true monitors to plug into the L Output while still having the speakers plugged in.

The KRK monitors I was looking into to get is for the future when I can pay for them. I was just asking you guys questions about it to make sure what I do with it, how to connect things, what I need.

It doesn't matter anyway. With the help of going into guitar center I got it worked out and figured what I was doing wrong. The speakers weren't cutting it. I plugged in an amp and am using that instead. Thanks though arcaxis. You and MANY others have helped me out so much. (Won noob award of July)

Back