Boss RC-30 (Looper Pedal) connect to Focusrite 2i4 (Audio Interface)

RyanRosario

Hey everyone! I was just wondering.. I recently purchased a Focusrite 2i4. If I wanted to get a looper pedal, which I'm thinking of purchasing the Boss RC-30, would I be able to connect this looper pedal to an audio interface so that I get it recorded live what I do with the looper (With guitar + vocals) onto my computer?

Also, if anyone has information on this looper pedal and whether I should get it or not, any recommendations for others, etc.. please let me know. But this is my top choice at the moment since it seems to be fairly priced and popular. The only thing I'm worried about is the fact that people say that it has a lag delay to it, but I'm not sure whether it still does or not. Or if it's gotten fixed already.

Let me know if anyone has experience with this looper and can connect it to audio interfaces and the other questions I have :).

Thanks everyone!

Yes, you can connect the audio outputs of the Boss to the line-in (may need to switch to instrument in) inputs of the 2i4, however it may not be needed. The Boss has USB connectivity and possibly you can stream live from it directly to your computer.

I have an RC50 that I've used live and I've never considered doing this so can't help you on the technical details... I've never considered doing it because I have a DAW and can create any looped effect with a much higher quality by recording it properly on individual tracks?

Why do you want to do this? Is this for an actual live live recording of a gig, for instance? Get a feed from the PA.... or mic your amp...

The USB capability on the RC50 is data backup only not audio throughput. Don't know about the RC30.

All that said, no particular reason you can't plug an output into your interface - as long as you keep everything mono you could send the L to your amp/whatever and R to your interface.... you'll just have to see what happens with levels, as the output may not exactly be line level... read up.

Anyway

Back