Boss GE 7 EQ pedal

cbsc

Hey folks,

This 7 band EQ pedal is intended for guitar use, but I was wondering if anyone has had success using it for other applications such as voice, bass, etc???
Or is this asking too much?

(It has a frequency response of 100 to 6.4 kHz)

Thanks, cbsc

It could be used for bass - yes. But one thing you need to consider is the frequency range of this pedal - versus what is good for a bass....

As for vocals given the right DI's I guess you could but my understanding is that you would need something that ran at line level, or could convert the mic to guitar level inputs if you are playing through an amp..
Look around the squillions of boards though - there are many people who are not completely happy with GE-7's for guitar let alone any other, more esoteric, application.

PS Yes. There is always someone somewhere that hates some piece of equipment </end disclaimer>

I just bought one of these used (made in Japan) version. Supposedly Japan made stuff is better than China.
Haven't had a chance to use it yet.

It could be used for bass - yes. But one thing you need to consider is the frequency range of this pedal - versus what is good for a bass....

As for vocals given the right DI's I guess you could but my understanding is that you would need something that ran at line level, or could convert the mic to guitar level inputs if you are playing through an amp..
Look around the squillions of boards though - there are many people who are not completely happy with GE-7's for guitar let alone any other, more esoteric, application.

PS Yes. There is always someone somewhere that hates some piece of equipment </end disclaimer>

thanks perceive,

That was what I was unsure about-- if a mic line level out would work through a guitar EQ pedal line in-- I'll just have to try it and see how it works... I still haven't bought the pedal though, as I've been researching it.

As far as people being unhappy with it-- send them to Tone Jame FX-- they do a "sniper" mod that apparently really improves the quality and it has been getting good reviews.

-cbsc

I just bought one of these used (made in Japan) version. Supposedly Japan made stuff is better than China.
Haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Hey capnkid,

Let me know how it goes after you get a chance to use it for while. I am particularly interested to see if and how it responds to vocal, bass, piano, etc applications. Also, if you don't like the pedal, there are a bunch of different people who do mods on it to improve it.

Thanks, cbsc

Back