Boss DM1, general outline controls and usuage please

timmerman

-------------------------
Anyone who knows this pedal well, interested in what kind of controls and its general useage.

Perhaps someone can guide me to a good link.

Thanks

timmerman said:
Anyone who knows this pedal well, interested in what kind of controls and its general useage.

Perhaps someone can guide me to a good link.

Thanks

No one? Really? Some of you here must be using this delay.

Anyway, I do know it is a delay, but I seem not be able to find any good info about it. Really simple things like:

How many outputs?
Controls?
Range of delay sounds.

I have found some useful info about the CE1 [which is in the same family of the early boss effects] even found a pricelist of 1979 of both pedals, but useful info on the DM1 seems to be rare.

Sure some of you could give me some more insight in this gem.

Cheers,

Eddie

I had a DM-2 back in the 80's. Don't really know how the DM-1 is different. The sad thing is, I don't even know what happened to it. Just got lost over the years in various moves.

amra said:
I had a DM-2 back in the 80's. Don't really know how the DM-1 is different. The sad thing is, I don't even know what happened to it. Just got lost over the years in various moves.

I believe that the DM-2 is the compact version [a stomppedal really] of the bigger and chuncky DM-1, similar as the CE-2 is a compactversion of the CE-1.

I would have thought a lot of people around here do know about these older Boss effects, or are we all using plugg-ins these days?

My question also relates to: How different is a analogue delay compared to a digital one. I have heard on the net some samples of analogue delays, but you know how it is eh? They sounded fine, but it would be much better to get my hands on something like this myself so I could try it out and see what how I would feel.

Okay I admit, this whole thing of "What is better?" is a bit like drinking coffee from brand A and comparing it to the coffee of brand B and C. But if you know your coffees you will be able to tell, so...........still makes some kind of sense eh?

I don't know man, I use a Boss DD-3 now and I don't sweat it. I think the main difference I hear, is that the DM-2 had a better "slap back" sound. More like Randy Rhoads sound on Blizzard and Diary, it could be kind of subtle. (I don't think Randy used a DM-2, BTW, but to me whatever he used sounded very similar to a DM-2.) Like I said, I get some nice sounds with my DD-3, and I don't really feel like it is holding me back. Then again, I play metal, it might not be the same for other types. Not much info, I know, but I hope it helps.

Back