Boss Br-864

thomas_cansing

hi everyone,
i'm planning to get a console in which i can record my own music at home... i'm looking foward to getting the Boss Br-864 cause i always trusted in boss and it's seems like a good home recording console...

i wanna know how many instrument can input and play at the same time and if its a good purchase. i notice that the are kind of cheap but i wanna know if its easy to use and if it records good music with good quality of sound and if its good on stage. and what about the other boss Br's like the br - 900 and the br - 1180?? i need help so anyone...

thanks

I have the Boss BR1600, absolutely great, record eight tracks at once, multiple effects, simulators (speakers, amps),cd burner, sufficient eq, compressor, mastering tool, vocal pitch fix. The list goes on. Nice sounding, very punchy cd,s recorded using this rig.

Im a fan!
If you are thinking of the 900 or 1180, save some time now and get the 1600. You won,t regret it.

thomas_cansing said:
hi everyone,
i'm planning to get a console in which i can record my own music at home... i'm looking foward to getting the Boss Br-864 cause i always trusted in boss and it's seems like a good home recording console...

i wanna know how many instrument can input and play at the same time and if its a good purchase. i notice that the are kind of cheap but i wanna know if its easy to use and if it records good music with good quality of sound and if its good on stage. and what about the other boss Br's like the br - 900 and the br - 1180?? i need help so anyone...

thanks

The 864 is excellent. You will need a mixer to record several instruments at once. But it will let you do guitar and mic at the same time. It has great effects patches and is very easy to use... the drawback is that it hasn't got a burner - files have to be exported via USB to burn. However is an excellent clean machine.
Anything from the 864 and up to the 1600 are excellent easy to use recorders. They can all output clean tracks and in the hands of someone with know how can be magic.

tulsa

thanx for your suggestions... i got over 12 equipments ( sound modules, drum machines, sampler, guistar, bass, voice transformer, efects pad, etc) and i want to record them at the same time, at least 8 at the same time... but i want to know how can i play live with all this equipments, maybe 8 at a time, but something that i can change euipments through songs... you mentioned a console or mixer... is that all i need for the sounf to be perfect on stage... how the track recorder boss is necesary or if its just fine with the mixer... i looking to a alesis multi mix 16 CH or the tamaha.. ehich one you recomend me... can you sing live too?? what can i do to start recording and playing live... thanx bro :confused:

I know this is 6 months old, but will this unit be good to hook up a 16 Ch mixer too? If I say, use an XLR Splitter, and connect the L&R mains from the mixer to the mono XLR in on the recorder or connect it as- XLR > XLR and XLR > TS from mixer to recorder.
THanks
Chris

Back