Boss BR-8 digital recording unit for sale

Julia

Mint condition, used for orchestrating and recording one show. 100MB zip disk is the storage on these units, but they can be successfully upgraded to the 250MB zip drive or to the upcoming 750MB zip drive (must be internal IDE, ATAPI.)

Original box, packaging, manual, adapter, etc.

Awesome unit. Read more about them online, and make me an offer.

Ju

Re: has this been sold yet?

No, not yet. I had an offer for it in my personal mailbox here, but it was too low.

Well...

I would really like to get $400. The unit is practically brand new. It has had very little use at all. I bought it to orchestrate a children's show. I had composed the music for the show, and then I needed to orchestrate it so that the kids would have something to sing to for accompaniment.

It is a REALLY awesome stand-alone digital recording unit, but I don't use it now. I paid twice that for it, so with the condition it's in...absolutely mint...the original manual, power adapter, and even the original box/packaging...I certainly think it's well worth at least half the original price.

I could probably throw in 10 zip disks.

Thanks for asking.

Julia

That was the problem...

Hi, SonofMixerman. The reason I came to this board looking for help recording the upcoming CHristmas program is because when I recorded the show I'm referring to using the BR-8, I did it by simply having the children (a different group of children) sing to the accompaniment I had pre-recorded, playing through their monitors. Then I got the problem I was asking about on the other thread...with the bleed of the orchestration into the vocals causing the delay, etc. Which is why I went to considering the headphone idea, etc. I would like to record the Christmas program better than I recorded the production last year.

I did all the orchestration on the BR-8, however, and loved it. It's an awesome unit. I only wish I knew more about recording voices. We can't afford to use a recording studio, (obviously), but I would like to get the best sound I can.

The folks on this thread have been wonderful about offering advice which I hope will lead to a better recording this year. But I really don't have any other option than to play the pre-recorded orchestrations while the kids sing. And therein lies the problem, as you know all too well by now. ;)

Julia

To lilman42459...

Hi, Adam. I am very sorry to not have been in touch before now. I've been away because my dad has been very ill. I have just now seen your post regarding my BR-8.

Let me know if you still have an interest in the unit.

Again, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.

Thanks for your initial interest.

Julia

Back