Boss BR-1600CD, 2 months old, $1100

grego7

I bought a new Boss BR-1600CD at the Scottsdale, AZ Guitar Center in May for $1100. The box had been opened, and was apparently a unit that someone had returned (one of the demo songs had been futzed with). When I got it to home (to NM) I noticed that there was a lot of extra hard drive noise at startup. So I took it to the GC in Albuquerque and they exchanged it for a factory-sealed brand new one.

It works great, but it has more features than I need - all I'm using it for is to dump backing tracks to track #9 & 10, and then recording guitar on top of them. I am using a SM57 mic'd cab for the guitar. All in all the unit sounds great, and I've only scratched the surface of what it can do.

BUT, I don't see myself ever needing the multiple XLR ins, I don't record vocals so don't need the vocal toolbox, I prefer the way my guitar rig sounds so don't use the COSM and I have a laptop with firewire and plenty of speed and memory as well as a CD/DVD burner so I will probably go to a firewire A/D converter and use computer based recording software. (So why'd I buy it? All of my wise friends told me that it would be better to buy way more than I need than "grow into it". Yeah, thanks.)

I also just ordered a new amp head and so this has to go. I'm not looking to make a profit, just get back what I paid. I'll eat the paypal fees and cover the insured shipping to anywhere in the lower 48 states, I just need to sell this. I have 100% positive feedback with 50 transactions on ebay (member 7gac7), and have bought and sold stuff from folks on Birds and Moons (Paul Reed Smith forum) and the Gear Page.

This is a chance to get a good as new BR-1600 for a lot less than the current price. I can provide pics and any more info. EMail me or call me at (505) 879-0700.

Thanks for looking.

- Greg

Back