Boss BR 1600 CD

freddylynn

I bought the Digital Recording Studio BR-1600 from Boss. I uploaded from MP3 (CD) a karaokeversion music. So far so good. I can hear the music. Then I sing along and that works well also. When I playback I hear the whole masterpiece! Then I trie to download my composition on a CD. But it only brands the music and not the lyrics. I see the lyrics are on track 2 and the music on track 9/10. I spent several days to learn how to mix to get a good piece of music, but I can't figure it out. Can anyone tell me in simple language how it works. I have the manual (also in Dutch where I'm from), but that's far to difficult.

I've never used one but quoting from: http://cms.rolandus.com/assets/media/pdf/BR1600CDts.pdf

Mixing Down Your Tracks
Before you can create an audio CD it’s necessary to
combine—or “bounce”—all of your recorded tracks
down to two tracks in a process called “mixing down.”
By default, your mix is bounced to Track 9/10.
1. Press REC MODE to light the BOUNCE
indicator—AUDIO TRACK 9/10’s round button
flashes.
2. If you’ve already recorded on Track 9/10, select
a different pair of odd/even tracks for the
bounce. Press a round button belonging the
desired pair of tracks.
3. Press ZERO, and then press REC so it flashes.
4. Press PLAY to begin the mixdown—as the song
plays back, you can adjust the AUDIO TRACK
faders as desired.
5. Press STOP when you’ve reached the end of the
song or the point where you want to stop the
mixdown.
6. Press ZERO, and then PLAY to play back the
audio mixed down to Track 9/10.

By the way, it's kind of funky to say you 'brand' a CD, but most English speaking folks 'burn' CDs and 'brand' cows...

Good luck, let us know how you get on!

Keep in mind that you are not recording on tape now.
So unless you mark where a track starts and stops, most digital recorders will not recognize the track.
I'm sure if you Google your query, there will be a You Tube demo to help you and a PDF Manual, online. :)

Mixing BR-1600 CD

Thanks for your reaction.
You're righy I wil Burn instead of Brand :D
After another day's work I found out how it works.
When you import the song from CD it automatically chooses Track 9/10.
That's wrong!
That's also the track were you bounce to.
Now I've chosen Track 3/4 -1 and afterwords sung over the music.
When I than bounce it and write it to CD the music and the vocals are on the CD.
Great that I finally worked it out.

BR-1600 Question

can you import wav files on to a track? I use drums on demand and am thinking of buying a boss1600..or can I mix the drums like I want to fit my song then upload to the 1600??
if anyone has any info I sure would appreciate it !!

You can import WAV, but it converts them to its format. There is no issue with the recorder importing to 9/10. You can select 9/10 (virtual track 1, for example) as a source when you are mixing//bouncing down to 9/10 virtual track 2.

Back