Boo.mp3

Kaputo

Hello all,

I would post some of my bands music, but I'm not really happy with the way the recent stuff turned out. So until I talk them into getting serious...

Another Cubasis project. Drum kit and "BOO" voice recorded on 4 track. Congas, chimes, rattles, and telephone recorded on sm57's into soundcard. Other stuff taken off a sample cd.

I can hear my hard drive chirping like a cricket in the 'walkie talkie' sounding parts.

3.52meg 160kpbs 44kHz
http://home.earthlink.net/~eddie1xlr8/mp3.html

Kaputo,

Hey man! I liked that alot. I like funky beats like this. And your change-ups were cool.

The only things I would change (just opinions) are the tinkly sound right at the beginning... it's a little harsh (but I was wearing headphones), but I think the level of that thing can come down just a little bit.

Also, on the "BOO!", I think a little less verb and a little bit more volume would be good. Although, if you decrease the verb a little, it might make it sound more up front in the mix anyway, so you might not need to touch the level.

I love the ambience of the ending with the water sound... I dig this - great job.

I can't copy and paste very accurately it seems...finally got it I'm happy to say....the telephone freaked me out nicely each time...I liked this...the reverb didn't bug me at all...but I had the tune going through my home stereo with the big speakers, so maybe it would sound different on headphones....nice mix...gibs

[Edited by gibs on 08-18-2000 at 15:23]

cool

Hey that's some wicked music there. Very groovy, got me in a trance all the way through.

Like it a lot, like that drum sound too - nice stuff.

Emeric, Thanks man. I think I put too much reverb on the drums. Its weird how things sound better solo'ed. I think I'm good at making it sound muddy =(

gibs, Thanks again. Ya, the tele jumps out at you. freaks out my friends too. That ring came out so well I didn't want to bring it down. heh, brrinng! Oh, Ill make sure and have the url parsed next time for you cut-and-paste challenged folks out there =)

Teddie, Your right. Chimes at the begining was the last thing I added to the tune. I think my ears were fried. I'd like to think that I'm learning, but something always ends up too loud or too soft or too much fx.

Hey I talked my band into recording an original on my pc. Mostly done now. Just need a lead guitar track and mabey some percussion. So pretty soon I'll need some serious criticism.

A little muddy was the only mix comment I had, and you're aware of that so I won't beat the horse. I think most of us have had that same "it sounded great soloed" problem. I'm getting to the point where I make fewer and fewer adjustments until everything is in and the levels are in the ballpark. That's helped me some, but I'm still learning as I go, too. I dig the loop a lot, though... lots of ear-candy everywhere.

Back