Bogner amps

I have a Shiva Head I picked up off E-bay about a year and a half ago, if not more. I also have two Bogner 4x12 cabs which I picked up off E-bay, one at the same time as the Shiva and the other a few months ago. I think the head was $1325.00 and it is a EL34 with no reverb. From what i've seen the price has gone up a decent bit so it may be hard finding one for under $1500

Wow that's an excellent price.

I hope that I can find one for even 1800.

What cab would you recommend I buy? I have the money to buy a cab now.

I'm thinking Vintage 30's.

If you just want a good cab the avatars will more than cover you, just make sure you go with V30s for the Shiva, I think they're really the right speakers for it. If you want the absolute BEST cab possible, and I mean anywhere, go for a Bogner standard (not uber) 4x12, Slant or Straight. The Straight really does have more bottom end to it but by itself the Slant really works better to being able to properly hear yourself. I put both of mine (1 slant, 1 straight) side by side still in their rodecase bottoms and put the Shiva head on top of the slant and my 6 Space GCX rack on the straight, it really works well.

Oh and about the price, I needed to try one before i put out that much money so I drove 5 hours across the boarder (I'm in canada) to try this amp out. If I had done so a few days earlier I could have hit his buy-it-now which was set at $1100.00. In the end is did end up buying the Shiva for that guy.

Wow that's excellent.

So how would these Avatars sound compared to a Mesaboogie 4 x 12 with Vintage 30's? When I tried out the Shiva, I played it through one of these, and it sounded amazing.

And I've also heard from others that the Bogner cab sounds best (priced at 1000 vs. the Mesa's 800).

How much of a difference in sound would there be between the Mesa, Bogner, and Avatar? How much worse would it sounds with a 2 x 12 with Vintage 30's? How much cheaper would it be?

I have no idea what to do :(

P.S. Would an Avatar 4 x 12 sound better then a higher quality brand with 2 x 12? thanks for the replies

I tried out a Mesa 4x12 with my Shiva before I bought my second Bogner 4x12 and I hated it, It just doesn't seem to work well with the Shiva. It was dead sounding and had no resonance to it.

When do you plan on picking up the Shiva head? You will seriously wonder how you could have been missing the tone you can get with it.
Best of luck with the avatar, I was going to get a 2x12 closed back with v30s but it just wasn't in the cards.

Avatar is coming in one week, next Friday.

I'm psyched, I almost forgot how fun it is to buy new equipment.

The Shiva is going to take some work, and I will probably get it at the end of August. Yeah, when I played the Shiva for the first time, it was like a musical orgasm. I can't believe that I never knew about their tone, it is in fact my dream amp, and will last me hopefully until the day I die.

Thank you so much for the Avatar recommendation, they seem excellent.
Ever compared them to an Armadillo cab?

Back