Blues Driver or Tubescreamer

Druw said:
Hi guys,
What would you reccomend. a Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer or a Boss BD-2 Blues Driver?
Thanks

I've had both and they are similar. It probably comes down to personal taste. I still have a Blues Driver, but not the TS. I guess I prefer the BD - but honestly I don't think they're very different. Go to a guitar store and try both.

I use the Tubesreamer for my marshall as a boost. So in a word, Tubescreamer. For the folowing reasons:

It works well as a booster and offers a greater amount of grit than the bluesdriver.

However, let me add that I just purchased a Jekyl & Hyde that actually sounds good as an overdrive and also sounds good as a distortion. Granted it is both and lives up to its name. AND!!! you can cascade them. It is the only pedal (so far) that works with my DRRI. I did not want to mod the DRRI and void my warranty. Hope that helped. Sorry for the plug on the JH, I just love it. Peace.

I had an Ibanez T-10 from the 80's and it was ok - but I like the tone I get from my Vox modelling amp right now, it's a lot more versatile in terms of the tone you can get, from ballsy blues to shred.

I have been using the Digitech Bad Monkey. I know, I know, but the thing sounds great. It is very much like a TS9 but with actual boost/cut EQ (Bass and Treble) not just a treble bleed like the TS9 has. I also like the Boss SD-1 better than the Blues Driver but that is yet another story.

I got given a Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory for a birthday present,(I chose, my son paid) it has a modelled setting of the TS9 and I'm happy with it plus it has a few extras as well like the Big Muff, so as it is a similar price and the average punter in the audience wouldn't know shit from clay it made sense to get it as the prices were similar.

Back