Blueberry and Dragonfly

tvanveen

I know the Blue mics are nice but a bit finicky and specialized. Would a Blueberry and Dragonfly complement each other? Basically, are they different in such a way that where one fails the other is likely to do well?

Thanks,

Tom

I tried out both the Dragonfly and the Blueberry one day at a Guitar Center. Believe it or not, they sounded quite similar. Now, granted, mine was not the most "scientific" of tests. I was simply singing and listening. But they did sound pretty close.

However, it is my understanding that the Dragonfly's primary use is with micing instruments, whereas the Blueberry is more of a vocal mic.

So, to answer your question, I would say "yes"...they should compliment each other very well.

Besides...like I always say...you can never be too rich, too fat or have too many mics!!!

imo its a toss up. i've used both mics.. i had artist that sounded good through the dragonfly but sounded a bit thin or siblant through the blueberry. personally i really like the blueberry depending on what pre you have.

i wouldn't get both the dragonfly and blueberry though.. they sound different but at the same time they sound quite similar. personally i'd go for a different flavor.. maybe a dragonfly and a at4060 or something like that.. the the 4060 is a workhorse. i know ppl that have u47's and they love the sound of the 4060

Back