BlueBear!! (Or someone else with mastering skills)

clubzero

Ok here's the deal. I have made a label become interested in a track of mine. They said I would need to re-master the track. The thing is, due to circumstances I can't have monitors so I have to mix with headphones.. I know I know.. It's and bad thing.. but that's the way I gotta work until I move to sound-proof house.. :)

Could someone with the knowledge and proper monitor check out this 6 sec clip and tell me if there's

a) too much bass

b) too little bass

c) if the kick is loud enough

d) if the kick is too quiet

e) are there enough / too little treble

f) if there's something else to notice

If would really appreciate this! I have listened the clip on CD with my stereo and it sounds ok. But I'm sure it really is not ok since I don't have decent monitors.. I wouldn't ask if it weren't up to a record deal here.. :cool:

Club Zero

if i had a label interested, id send the raw tracks to be mixed and mastered by a pro.....

there are many people here, including Bruce, that fall under that category.........

Gidge said:
if i had a label interested, id send the raw tracks to be mixed and mastered by a pro.....

there are many people here, including Bruce, that fall under that category.........

Ditto. Why waste a golden opportunity to save a few bucks?

The track is electronic dance music which I've made for a long time so the mix is very high quality as it is.. It's entirely made with synths and a sequencer. The only problem is that I don't know how the bass and treble sound with big speakers/good monitors because I have to mix with headphones...

But I suppose I could send the whole track to Bruce for mastering.. atleast it wouldn't hurt.. :)

The problem is, that if I do so, I'm unable to go back and eg. re-mix or change things. I have to send the track back again so that's why I'm learning to master as far as I can..

Thanks anyway guys.

Club Zero

Back