Blue Yeti

chriscarney

I am using windows 10 with Sonor Home 7 recording software (by Cakewalk) and a Blue Yeti mic. I have made numerous albums with this mic and have not to my knowledge come across this problem before.
My mic is constantly on even when I turn the input volume (on the mic) all the way down. I have the instrument track input volume (on the virtual board) all the way down and even my computer input volume all the way down and the mic is still on and very hot. Overdrives any track I want to record. I've tried everything I could think of to get this mic to turn down and I'm not, obviously, finding the fix.
Any suggestions would be very appreciated!

Well, something has changed if it always worked before. What did you change? New version of Windows? Different DAW? And, obviously, trying a different USB mic to confirm the Yeti's volume/gain knob hasn't suddenly stopped working would be a good test, if possible.

I really haven't changed anything. That's what is so confusing. I'll have to find another USB mic and try it out.
Thanks for the response.

I really haven't changed anything. That's what is so confusing. I'll have to find another USB mic and try it out.
Thanks for the response.
Are you 100% certain it's the Blue Yeti USB input that's being captured, and not the computer's built-in mic? If you simply unplug the mic completely, nothing is recorded then, right?

Back