Blue Yeti Microphone

damn hard to hear it with the music in the background, but are you talking about the fluttering sound, or is that part of the audio track?

Are you sure you had the gain set properly and the correct distance to your mouth? It's possible you were speaking into the null of the figure 8 pattern, and the gain was increased to compensate leaving the processor noise that could be the fluttery sound, if that is indeed what you are talking about. Without just the mic, we're guessing a bit?

USB mics are normally horrible things but the Blue Yeti does have a good reputation, and proper pre-amp controls (so many don't and are simply preset)

First other thing is to investigate the input settings on the recording software - sometimes strange things happen with drivers not sitting correctly - 16 bit v 24 bit or even 32 bit floating - some mismatches are automatically re-corrected and this sometimes means you get audio you can hear, but it's pretty flawed. Other software, Adobe, for instance simply refuses to give any audio at all. Can you post some more audio that has just the mic?

Whenever I speak, there is a slight static type of sound.
I have my Blue Yeti directly in front of me, about 4 inches from my mouth.

Oh and my gain is all the way down.

Not sure why the example you posted has music and other audio mixed in. Post an example of exactly what you're talking about and people will be better able to assist you.

Back