blue mouse rumble

k bucks

Hello,

I just recently acquired a Blue Mouse. Today, we hooked it up and started recording. When the room was silent, we could hear what sounded like sporatic "wind" and rumble-like noises through the headphones. We swapped cables and preamps too. We were also using a pop screen and the "wind" like sounds continued with no one in front of the mic. Do you have any ideas what this could be? From reading this forum, I understand these mics are prone to noise issues caused by not having a shockmount, but what might explain the airy wind sound? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Kevin

k bucks said:
Hello,

I just recently acquired a Blue Mouse. Today, we hooked it up and started recording. When the room was silent, we could hear what sounded like sporatic "wind" and rumble-like noises through the headphones. We swapped cables and preamps too. We were also using a pop screen and the "wind" like sounds continued with no one in front of the mic. Do you have any ideas what this could be? From reading this forum, I understand these mics are prone to noise issues caused by not having a shockmount, but what might explain the airy wind sound? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Kevin

Usually moisture on the capsule. Put the mic into a plastic bag with some dissicant packs for a day or so. Should clean it up.

Back