Blue mics?

Mr Funk

Which of the Blue mics are best for male (soulful) vocals? Are the 'cheaper' Blueberry and Dragonfly good for this purpose and how do they compare with the more expensive Mouse and Kiwi?

Thanks

kane

Mr Funk said:
Which of the Blue mics are best for male (soulful) vocals? Are the 'cheaper' Blueberry and Dragonfly good for this purpose and how do they compare with the more expensive Mouse and Kiwi?

Thanks

kane

I can only comment on the Dragonfly. It seems that it's a mic that either works, or doesn't. I've recorded one male vocal that recorded very very well, requiring little if any after tracking tweeking...it's amazing. Another male vocalist, who's recorded well with a variety of mics just couldn't use the DF. Wierd. Thought maybe it was the huge proximity effect of the DF- vocal sounded muddy and lack character. But no amount of experiementing helped this fellow. Overall though I love the DF, and won't be getting rid of it anytime soon.

I've heard the Blueberry has a more forgiving proximity effect, and is a more 'what you put in, is what you get out' type of mic.

Good Luck,

Raaen

Male Soulful Vocal. very all over the place description. Gimme an artist and I can give a btter opinion. I have used all the Blue Micws excpet the Bluebird, Cacus and Bottle (big boy)

For the soulful (raspy vocal) I prefer the Dragonfly Deluxe. If you cant find one my 2nd choice is the blue berry.

Yep. The Deluxe has a different mic capsule.

Here is a quote "Basically, you get the sound of our Kiwi mic......."

Back