Blue Bear

psmith66

Steve's Music (Toronto location) just quoted me $260 for the Tannoy Proto J monitors. I know you probably don't have much to do with cheaper gear, but do you know if this is a fair price? St. John's is not a fair comparison (local shop here cannot do better than $400 - but everything is overpriced down here).

Thks

Italmelodie in Montreal sells them for $240.00/pair (at least, they were 2 weeks ago!)

Mind you, add shipping at around $20 and you'd be at $260 also - if Steve's price included shipping, they're about the same, otherwise the Montreal store is cheaper!

Bruce

here the mars was giving you a free power amp with the proto-js for 299.00

and they sell for 160.00 there.

I would try them there, and buy them at mars on line.:cool:

darrin_h2000 said:
here the mars was giving you a free power amp with the proto-js for 299.00

and they sell for 160.00 there.

I would try them there, and buy them at mars on line.:cool:

What're you doing looking at a post that was specifically directed towards Bruce? :eek:

:D

sorry dude if a question is aimed at me directly, it comes to my mailbox. I apalogize If anyone was hurt as a result. I thought honestly that I was going to save someone eighty dollars. which I like to Inform others If ive seen a better price on something somewhere else because I shop arround alot and never seem to pay full price on anything.

I wasnt aware of that much diversity in the exchange rate between US and Canada.

Here a canadian penny spends like a penny and a nickle spends like a nickle. I see them all the time.

The thread was aimed at Bruce (he's Canadian and familiar with Steve's), but by virtue of me posting it as opposed to e-mailing Bruce directly - it means anyone could throw in their two cents worth. If it means getting the best price possible, then that's what it's all about. At least darrin.... learned something about US/CDN exchange rate.

Back