Blue Bear Sound Updated (new console!)

DDev said:
How is the learning curve on that beauty?
Actually - it's pretty straightforward... Matt at Sony gave me a 2-hour walkthrough/tutorial which helped immensely (especially for initial configurations and setups). But once you get through that, it's fairly easy.

I'm still not quite used to having to hit ACCESS on the channel you want to work with... I often start changing settings on a channel only to find I've been adjusting another one... just need to get used to a new working methodology!

That panel you see under the LCD is essentially the channel strip, so to work with a channel, you have to hit ACCESS, and then the settings are reflected on the LCD controlled by the center panel.

Spectacular. You know Bruce, I look forward to seeing you on TV in that room - when they do the documentary about how you mixed the breakthrough album for the latest hot Canadian band :)

(Just saw a documentary about making Nevermind, where they did that with the then unknown producer)

Does this mean than Moshe and Ed can't harrass you about NOT having a real console :)

Congrats Bruce, insead of your studio looking like a studio it now looks like Mission Control....

Time for the Inflator :)

SoMm

Son of Mixerman said:
Does this mean than Moshe and Ed can't harrass you about NOT having a real console :)
Yeah - pretty much!! (although it's not like Ed's opinion about it mattered a whole lot to me anyways!) :cool:

Last edited:
Ok...that does it...

All these years I've been holding on to my Mackie saying "well... its not the best, but Bruce still stands by his"... NOW look what you've gone and done.

I guess its time for me to 1) cry and 2) go scour e-bay for a new board :)

SWEET board, Bruce!

Velvet Elvis

I'm guessing you new to upgrade because that's what you're ears were telling you :D

Just joshing, you have a very nice looking place for making music.

Me ears are telling me to kidnap Sasha (seriously ... this is a joke) and hold her to ransom in return for Blue Bear Sound being moved brick by brick to about 15 yards in front of me right now. Yeah, just there over that useless piece of road.

Just Remember

It's not the gear man. It's how you can mix. Sure anybody and their cat can mix up a nice track on a Sony Oxford. But what can you do on a Behringer ?

HUH ?

*kidding*

I could use the Behirnger as a stepping stool so I could reach the montiors easier and adjust them for that perfect mix position:D

I was going to say something witty like:

"We all know that's not a REAL Oxford... as Oxford's in home studios are about as rare as an Elvis sighting..."

But then I looked a little closer at Bruce's post of the console...

Attachments

• console2.jpg
    console2.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 127
Blue Bear Sound said:
I have a question.... who the hell is Sasha????
Oops ... the Seifer's made up pet cat you don't have!! :(

I have a feeling that explaining it will have just got me in even more trouble. I said I was joking!!!

Velvet Elvis said:
I was going to say something witty like:

"We all know that's not a REAL Oxford... as Oxford's in home studios are about as rare as an Elvis sighting..."

But then I looked a little closer at Bruce's post of the console...
Well - Elvis would have wanted to record here!!! ;) :p

Oh puhlease! What you really want is the one with the Neve circuitry following the Brauner mic stage. That one will really give you that classic vintage talking on the phone sound.

Back