Blew up my Hot Rod Deville last night!

KEVIN1600

When I went up to do the second set at the Flying Dog Last night my Fender Hot Rod Deville took a shit . It had very low distorted sound (even on 12!). It's going to the shop tomorrow did anyone ever have this problem or know what this could be? I swapped the tubes out one by one and it didn't help so I think the tubes are OK. I had to use a Princeton Chorus with a mic on it , Just Not The SAME!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I seem to remember a friend of mine's hot rods output transformer having problems? Had to be replaced twice for some reason.

I did the same thing many years ago. All of a sudden the amp started smoking and sounding like shit. I ended up getting it retubed and biased. I also blew some speakers (3 out of the 4 10"s) and some internal components. Cost a couple hundred dollars to get fixed and it never was quite the same.

Rory

same thing happened to mine, just a bit of loose solder where the valve was soldered in. make sure to check that before you pay for major repairs.

I got my baby back, baby back,baby back in time for our gig last night. Our bass player is a music dealer and knew a good tech that rushed it through for us.I don't even know what was wrong yet, he left the ticket at his store.I never had any trouble with that deville on a gig but it was starting to get dirty even in the clean channel.He said something was wromg with the push pull thing. :) :) :) :cool: :cool: :cool: :p :p :p :p I got a little to loud at times last night . :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Back