bleeding tracks

davexxxxx

hi
a friend of mine is useing cakewalk pro audio 9 (which i also use}.
when he records a track and then records a second track, the first track bleeds over to the second track.
there are no open mics,the guitar is lined in through a teac 4 track (used as a mixer}.
I think it may be a sound card problem.
he has a soundblaster card. i do not know the model,but i think it is a low end card.
any thoughts????
thanks
dave

I have a similar problem.

I am using cakewalk express, which came with my soundblaster live card. At first I thought it was headphone leakage, but when I listened more closely, it sounded like digital noise. I mean, it was coming from my other tracks, but it sounded worse than 8-bit samples, distorted and metallic sounding. Is that how your cross-channel leakage sounds?

I was hoping that going to Cakewalk 9 would solve this, but maybe it won't.

Hi,

Don't fret, this is a common mistake with the SBlive card. In the SB Mixer set the recording level up for the input you are using (Ie Mic Line1.. etc). And make sure the "What you hear" level is at 0. This is where the problem is. What you hear routes the speaker output into the recoded track. Thats why you get the "bounced effect" . Incedentaly, this is how you bounce or record Midi tracks to audio tracks for final Mixing. So you would have needed to figure this out eventually anyway.

Later..

Ya, I had a hard time finding the right place in the liveware mixer to change the recording source. It was in the sblive mixer. On the left hand side is the recording source, and it has an icon on the top that I didn't realize was an ear which stood for "what your hear". You can change it to the little (RCA/Phono) 1/4" jack icon.

bouche

Back