Black Sabbath cover song with Cranky One

Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam:D :D .......Great OZZY man:D

Great recording and performances fellas..... Not my favorite sabbath album, but great cover for sure!!

LOVED this!!
gw/5

thanks for bothering guys..

the original had lots of doubling, and it is impossible to get the same tone as the man, but I had fun messing with it.. I changed a few things like, the keys in the outro were originally falsetto vocals.. I just did the same notes with the keys.. I have been listening to Black Sabbath since I was 11, so except for the range, this was easy to do.. It was the toughest thing I ever tried overall though..

if anyone was curious, Cranky sent me the Wave file through AOL instant messenger around 10 a.m. yesterday morning.. A thread was started sometime after dinner.. :D

Cranky kicks ass..

Ozzy rules.. Even though I NEVER watch that stupid T.V. show! :D

thanks again!

super duper as usual..

i thought you were ozzy for a minute... there was not difference

so are ya gonna join ozzfest!? :)

man you work hard at recording.. thats for sure! your gonna have a 100 songs in another year

B.SABBATH said:

Ozzy rules.. Even though I NEVER watch that stupid T.V. show! :D

Dont ever watch it!It ruins the whole experience when you find out how human your musical idols are.

Kramer said:
Dont ever watch it!It ruins the whole experience when you find out how human your musical idols are.

not to mention how "crippled" he looks and the way he even struggles to speak nowadays. I think he needs MORE drugs to ease the pain on those arthritic joints.

the drums are programmed? man........fooled me...........where did you get those samples? they're amazing....................cool cover

......and the requests start to pour in.......

"............. War Pigs .......... "

...........Lots of things you could do with a little Cranky interpretation of Iommi's guitar parts........ Lotsa room in that song for ideas..... ....and Sam would smoke it

.........sorry, just wishful thinking:)

powderfinger said:
the drums are programmed? man........fooled me...........where did you get those samples? they're amazing....................cool cover

Thats a dead end PF

I tried to pump Cranky on this one in the past and he ain't givin'

I admit that he does more with the canned drums than a lot of REAL drummers I've worked with...

:mad: ;) :D

Way to go!

Sam;

You and Cranky did an awesome job on this tune. I was a Sabb fan back in the early 70's so I really never heard this tune before but this definately catches the vibe of the band.

I heard and played alot of the early Sabbath tunes way back then and have heard some of Ozzie's current stuff on the radio and the Vox mix on Ozzie always seems to be back in the Mix so with the Vox upfront the way that you have it here is a bit different for me and it sounds awesome, Bro. It does sound like Ozzie but the Vox Mix is better IMHO!

CR ><>

jcmm said:
Thats a dead end PF

I tried to pump Cranky on this one in the past and he ain't givin'

I admit that he does more with the canned drums than a lot of REAL drummers I've worked with...

:mad: ;) :D

I'd pay him to teach me the tricks.

Awesome stuff!

Again with the drum thing :D :D

I just simply don't remember where I've found these particular drum sounds. I remember getting some sounds from sites like
http://www.hammersound.net/
http://thesoundsite.net/
(I'm not sure if they're still in operation, since I haven't checked those in a while)

I guess some of the sounds could be from there. I've taken a few samples here and there. Some of them I've modified with CoolEdit or something. Using some EQ and things like that. Then I've assembled a new soundfont from those.

I haven't used any soundfont there fully. I just extracted some sounds from them that I liked. There are programs that can extract single sounds from soundfonts, like Vienna SoundFont Studio or Audio Compositor. After the sounds are in a waveform, you can build your own soundfont from them (a pain in the ass), or just use the sounds in Fruity Loops or whatever.

But the drum sounds are not just the bare midi sounds. I process them further in the mixing..

I separate the midi drum tracks into four stereo channels:
One for kick drums
One for snare drums
One for toms
One for the rest (hihat's and cymbals etc.)

Then I use different effects on different channels. Every channel has an EQ, but the settings are different. Some channels have compressor, like kick or snare (not every time, though, I'm still searching for the right sound) Some channels, like the one with the cymbals and hihats, have some reverb or slight delay.

I hope that clears even a bit of the drum issue :D

everytime when I'm listenin your mixes and trying to find some(or at least 1) mixing-lacks I'm a bit disappointed - this sounds too professional for me - is it still homerecording?

Man I wished I knew how many black sabbath 8trk tapes I wore out in the seventies...really. You two guys rock hard with the best of'em. Everything on this sounds incredible even at lofi...damn. Voc's are fab, and the rest of the band:D is..well you know.

Whooaaa !!!!!

This are amazing stuff man............
Ozzy´s brother is singing on this........
The guitars are so great.

I just sit here and bang my head agains the desk....

Rock on
/Jocke

Back