Birds Ain't Real

stratmonkee

Pretty goofy one here , messing with some speech to text apps and wanted to try them out for a spoken word kinda thing.

Cool composition. It's quite jazzy. I like all the little progressions and delay effects. The vocal adds a level of weirdness that sets it off well. Are they Australian accents?

Mix: How about bringing the solo guitar up a bit? Not a suggestion as much as a question.

Why the Aussie speakers? Are you Aussie?

I like it a lot, and there's lots to like here - it's singular and memorable, really listenable, has good soloing, and like Manslick says - that drum part is killer. Good work.

Cool composition. It's quite jazzy. I like all the little progressions and delay effects. The vocal adds a level of weirdness that sets it off well. Are they Australian accents?
Thanks Bulls, had fun with this one, yes Australian accents, to me, they sounded the most realistic, less robotic. There is a Indian "vocalist " at the end as well...

Mix: How about bringing the solo guitar up a bit? Not a suggestion as much as a question.

Why the Aussie speakers? Are you Aussie?

I like it a lot, and there's lots to like here - it's singular and memorable, really listenable, has good soloing, and like Manslick says - that drum part is killer. Good work.
Yes I am going to bring the solo up a little, this was a early mix and wanted to live with it for a few days and see what I thought after the initial tracking/mixing.
Not Australian, I'm from Michigan/USA. Detroit area :>) . I just liked the way the bots Australian accent sounded, especially with adding pitch, punctation like question marks.
Thanks for listening, I appreciate the feedback!

Thanks, I sliced and diced those drum loops from my very old Cakewalk guitar tracks Drag And Drop Drummer collection.
I started w/ Drag and Drop drummer, transitioning to Smart Loops - and eventually got to known Frank pretty well (the drummer/creator). Eventually he played on a lot of my tracks over the years - recording his drums in real time to grids/sketches I sent down.

If you look for the other track you commented on (Up and Down) - the drums are Frank playing live. You didn't like the snare all that much - but it was Frank's snare. :D

I only have a taste comment for this one, bud. I think the bass is STILL (Mix 2) too buried. The spoken word element is a neat experiment ... but it's one of those things that if the next song came up and used the same technique, I'd likely fast forward through it. :D

All in all? Well done!

The spoken word element is a neat experiment ... but it's one of those things that if the next song came up and used the same technique, I'd likely fast forward through it. :D
That's what I thought the first time I heard rap.

Actually, it would depend what the spoken part was saying. I like this one.

Well that was different, I like the experimental nature. The voices make for a cool effect but the delivery/timing/mix/ something?? throws off the groove imo. Drums have a nice tight sound and the soloing is excellent! I like the pad sounds from im guessing the guit synth. Really interesting listen!

That's what I still say when I hear rap.

:D
I am not into rap music but I love Gil Scott Heron. His innovation and brilliance was so far ahead of his time back in 1971. He influenced so much of rap and hip hop now. A true inovator and poet for his people and way ahead of his time...

I am not into rap music but I love Gil Scott Heron. His innovation and brilliance was so far ahead of his time back in 1971. He influenced so much of rap and hip hop now. A true inovator and poet for his people and way ahead of his time...

Damn, that is *so* good. Also, it's not rap. You've just arranged another Amazon sale to me. Thanks.

Damn, that is *so* good. Also, it's not rap. You've just arranged another Amazon sale to me. Thanks.
I love him, a pioneer of music and spoke for African Americans. Hypocritical? As I am a white working class guy from the North East of England... I just think great music is colour blind and trancends race, creed, colour, and social status. Amen brother 😇🥰🥰

Get "Pieces of a Man" and listen to this track also. You will hear how Pharrell Williams influence for his hit "Happy" came from 🥰

Public Enemy and Grandmaster Flash cited Gil as a great influence. A great meaning of street music and peace and hope for equality for African American people back in the day. It has just become a byword for drugs, mysogyny, homophobia, guns and materialistic ambition and hatred now very sadly 😟😟 "The Message" has been lost ☹️

Back