Bingo bango

slinkymassive

I have recently just purchased a Studio Projects B1 mic, Tascam us-122 interface and Cubase SX. I have been happily learning my way through all the millions of buttons on cubase, recording as I go.

I have just recorded a song which i feel needs some nice natural percussion, like bongos or something similar. On cubase I have found a sound like, but i guess I need a midi to create it through the song?

Do i need a midi and if so how much should i spend, as you see from my previous purchases I am on a budget.

Thanks

Um. your interface already has midi but you dont need a controller to do drum loops, you just need a softsampler

(cue ssscientist "you need to learn midi" speech) :D

altitude909 said:
Um. your interface already has midi but you dont need a controller to do drum loops, you just need a softsampler

(cue ssscientist "you need to learn midi" speech) :D

Any recommendations on a softsampler?

Thanks

Take your pick. There are tons of them.

I am partial to the Linplug RMIV. It has some decent analog emulation but you can drop samples into it also and it gives you eay to use tools to set you ENV, adjust timing whatever.

If you want just loops, I would go out a buy a sample CD of just percussion loops. I really like the afro-cuban Akai one for my S5000

slinkymassive said:
Do i need a midi and if so how much should i spend, as you see from my previous purchases I am on a budget.
On further review, I think you're asking for recommendations on a midi controller which is the first thing you need to get started using the midi protocol.

If you'll be sticking mostly to drums, this is quite popular with da folks. If you think you'll ever need a keyboard for anything like bass lines, piano or organ parts, string parts, etc., and also to trigger drum sounds then you need something like this.

Back