billy corgan's guitar sound

Yeah, it sounds like a light chorus treatment. There's probably some delay in there, too, but it's hard to tell in the mix.

I'll admit i like a few of their tunes but it's really hard getting past his voice enough to even care about his guitar sound.

Drumkits have effects? Awesome!....

Oh, you mean the guitar playing bald one.

Sounds like a fairly standard chorus to me, as others have mentioned.

I'm more interested in the dude with hair... sort of sounds like an eBow he's using in the beginning there but on a feedback/sustained harmonic note? Never quite managed that myself... must try.

The lead guitarist in my band in college's guitar had that kind of functionality built in. He had a button that he could push that would make the pickups emit the EM field to vibrate the strings and get squealy, sustainy feedback.

You've got that right.

His voice sounds like a whiney 5-year old boy.

His song writing and guitar playing are also reminiscent of a 5 year old boy. Actually everyone in that band looks like they should be spending time in an asylum. What a bunch of posers.

I'm actually a bit of a fan, especially of their earlier stuff. He's, um, calling him a "lead singer" is generous, perhaps, but the main riff to "Cherub Rock" is fucking epic, and he has an immediately recognizable solo style.

I guess I'm just too old school but I still like the guitar tones on "The Allman Brothers at Fillmore East" better than Billy Corgan's guitar sound. The guitar chops are better too. Gregg is a better lead singer than Billy also.

I don't pay alot of attention to stuff that's not in the same league with what I personally deem to be "good"...but I watched a smashing pumpkins video one time and the guitar player dude was wearing a freakin' dress. Well I guess it's a dude...who knows.

weird stuff.

Back