BIAB vs. Jammer Pro

Ron Galicia

I've been using Jammer Pro v4 for the last 9 months to help sketch out some of my arrangements. Some drum or bass tracks come out good enough for me that I keep them almost verbatim. I've never used Band in a Box, but it looks like v9 has just come out. I've been debating whether to get the extra styles for Jammer or to switch over to BIAB since it looks like they have oodles more styles and the EM review at their website says the AI kicks butt. Does anyone know how they compare or of a comparative review online somewhere? Thanks!

Ron,

I used Band in a Box for a while before trying the lite version of Jammer that came with Cakewalk. I liked it a lot at first, but part of that was that the drum parts just sounded a little different than BB. I thought about getting the Jammer Pro version but never did. In the end, I preferred the interface of BB (clunky though it is in its own way) and, as you mentioned, the larger variety of styles. Either of them make pretty darn good rhythm section parts, especially if it's drum and bass tracks you most need. Certainly is a quick way to get something down, and then perfect it with editing the MIDI data in Cakewalk or elsewhere.

-AlChuck

Back