Beyer Soundstar, Sure KSM44, Rode NT1000

hognogger

These are my 3 main vocal mics.

After a bit of experience with them all, I have found that the Rode is good for louder vocals, the Beyer wins on quiet vocals, and the Shure is too mid-rangy for my voice (but the Shure is a great acoustic guitar mic).

Funny thing is that the Beyer cost me very little, and is such a good mic. I'm more and more coming to the view that dynamic mics shouldn't be ignored. Thinking of getting an RE15/16...

It's interesting to me that (by far) the most expensive of these mics seems least suited for my vocals.

hognogger said:
These are my 3 main vocal mics.

After a bit of experience with them all, I have found that the Rode is good for louder vocals, the Beyer wins on quiet vocals, and the Shure is too mid-rangy for my voice (but the Shure is a great acoustic guitar mic).

Funny thing is that the Beyer cost me very little, and is such a good mic. I'm more and more coming to the view that dynamic mics shouldn't be ignored. Thinking of getting an RE15/16...

It's interesting to me that (by far) the most expensive of these mics seems least suited for my vocals.
Checkout the Shure SM7. ;)

Back