Beverly Hills Cop Dance remix

jrhager84

expert newb
Lemme know what you think ;-)

I'd say it's about 75% done (still needs some automation, etc.) I'm just having trouble finding direction... Any suggestions are welcome, as are comments about the mix. Thanks again guys!

-Joel

link: http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=13129

*disclaimer*
Axel F was released under creative commons, so it's not an illegal remix.
*/end*

I think the mix sounds pretty good so far. It's a bit repetitive, that's my only observation. Perhaps some interludes with laser sounds or something (just an idea). The ending for example had some little pieces that might or might not be in that direction. What you have though is pretty solid...:D

Pretty cool so far. Definitely too repetitive. If you dont want to do the middle sections of the song, think of Bolero by Ravel: same melody over and over, but its interesting because it builds. Sound quality is very good.:cool:

Isn't dance music supposed to be repetitive?

My main concern was that the synth part that was just droning on the chords seemed too loud. The melody line and even to some extent the drums seemed to be overwhelmed by the drone, and that squashed the dynamics out of the song. Other than that, I think it was a pretty good song.

Definitely, my weakest area is *finding* the sounds I want to use to put in the song. I'm very OCD when it comes to sounds, so I spent lots of time just on the sounds... I'll double check the synth chords, and get that fixed... I'll also see what my drums are doing. It is (within reason) suppose to sound "repetitive", but I am adding more and more ambient textures and whatnot as I go... I'm trying to find a really good stab to use near the end to build up the groove. Thanks for the suggestions, I will definitely get going on fixing some things... I would right now, but I'm off to a show (it's our final reunion show). I'll have an update soon. thanks again guys!

-Joel

Back