Better Days

The intro had me thinking you were covering All Along The Watchtower. Sounds great. Like that organ. I'd like to hear the song extended 30 seconds or so for more of that organ around the 2:10 mark with the guitar, then have the organ and guitar take over at 2:37 and jam out for that additional 30 seconds to the end.

The intro had me thinking you were covering All Along The Watchtower. Sounds great. Like that organ. I'd like to hear the song extended 30 seconds or so for more of that organ around the 2:10 mark with the guitar, then have the organ and guitar take over at 2:37 and jam out for that additional 30 seconds to the end.
Appreciate the listen and feedback. It‘s in a different key than AATW, but yes similar chord progression in the intro.

Just took time to give this one a good listen, twice. Great song!

I think Spantini has a good idea about adding in a nice organ./guitar at the end. The organ sounded good, and you can never have too much.:-)

Just took time to give this one a good listen, twice. Great song!

I think Spantini has a good idea about adding in a nice organ./guitar at the end. The organ sounded good, and you can never have too much.:-)
Thanks for checking it out. Guess I’ll have to give some thought about the organ.

I have considered that the song is a bit on the short side, so that could help give it some more length. 👍🏼

The acoustic guitars and bass sound terrific. Very full and lush. I think the top end of the acoustic guitars and clashing just slightly with the vocal.

Electric guitar sounds great too for that matter.

I wasn't thrilled with the drum sounds. The snare is a little thin and harsh. The toms have that "bouncy-ball" sound. The kick and cymbals sounded pretty good.

The vocal is a little dry compared to the other tracks, but sounds pretty decent.

These are all minor things. The mix sounds good.

The acoustic guitars and bass sound terrific. Very full and lush. I think the top end of the acoustic guitars and clashing just slightly with the vocal.

Electric guitar sounds great too for that matter.

I wasn't thrilled with the drum sounds. The snare is a little thin and harsh. The toms have that "bouncy-ball" sound. The kick and cymbals sounded pretty good.

The vocal is a little dry compared to the other tracks, but sounds pretty decent.

These are all minor things. The mix sounds good.
Appreciate the comments. I agree about the toms, although it maybe doesn’t bother me as much as you. But they are bouncy, lol.

As for the dry vocals, that seems to be my trademark. Every software reverb I’ve ever tried always has on oil drum effect to my ears. As such I tend to back it off until barely perceptible. I think I also tend to stick with plates for that reason.

Again, thx for the input and listening.

I like this a lot. I would give anything to hear a take of this with a live drummer. I bet it would take it to the next level it deserves.
Thanks for listening. Glad you liked it.

FYI, this is a live drummer. Not sure what's leading you to think it isn't. But it's V-drums (or E-drums?) if that makes a difference. So the "sounds" are software based, but the playing is real.

I like the song. Definitely has a late 60's / early 70's vibe. The drum performance has some
timing issues. As well, you may need to tweak the sensitivity settings of
your e-drums. If it is V something it's probably a Roland kit. I can hear the kick drum hit normally, and then
it sounds like it is barely hit. Not always the drummers fault, but they are at the wheel and should let you know (but often don't).
If you can raise the sensitivity / threshold / attack / velocity or whatever they call it on your particular module, it may help them play better. I recently
switched to e-drums as well, after being a die-hard acoustic drum guy for decades, and am plagued with
these trade-offs. Once you dial them in though, they work very well.

Enjoyed the track! Time for an ice cold beer.

I like the song. Definitely has a late 60's / early 70's vibe. The drum performance has some
timing issues. As well, you may need to tweak the sensitivity settings of
your e-drums. If it is V something it's probably a Roland kit. I can hear the kick drum hit normally, and then
it sounds like it is barely hit. Not always the drummers fault, but they are at the wheel and should let you know (but often don't).
If you can raise the sensitivity / threshold / attack / velocity or whatever they call it on your particular module, it may help them play better. I recently
switched to e-drums as well, after being a die-hard acoustic drum guy for decades, and am plagued with
these trade-offs. Once you dial them in though, they work very well.

Enjoyed the track! Time for an ice cold beer.
Thanks for the input. Yes, they are Roland’s.

Love this mix, great definition and separation on everything, also thought it was reminiscent of Dave Masons version of All Along The Watchtower at the start, very cool vibe, wished it was longer! Nice song!

Love this mix, great definition and separation on everything, also thought it was reminiscent of Dave Masons version of All Along The Watchtower at the start, very cool vibe, wished it was longer! Nice song!
Appreciate the positive feedback. 👍🏼

Back