best way to promote band besides free music and flyers?

ralf

i'm stumped at more ways to promote my band besides the common ways of free music and flyers. i've done some internet promotion but got kicked off. maybe you guys have more ideas??
thanks!
-ralf

word of mouth, talk to anyone that can/will help you, that can get you out to people, talk to anyone that could help you get out to people, talk to people who can't help get you out to people.

I agree with Axis, word of mouth is probably one of the best I have found to work, but one of the things im learning is being constant at what you do whether it be , flyers word of mouth internet marketing etc...
here is also something I am finding to work very well, when internet marketing, some may disagree, but I think you should always add a signature link to your site like such Masque
I have found that keeping it simple, like a band name or something short, works best,
this way even if the person does not like your post with your link in it,
somehow that person finds himself clicking, just to see what's behind the door, making it a success, now this does not ensure they will like what they find,
but the key thing here, is they would never know whether they like it or not, if they don't know about it. So I say always add a link!
Post your link, and I will check it out
Take Care

Back