Best way to line up tracks

gwayms

What is the best/easiest way to get tracks from a drum program and a recording program to line up? I am using mixcraft & beatcraft. If I make a beat in beatcraft and play along with it fine. When I convert it over to mixcraft it is never really lined up, always off just a little bit. Any suggestions. probably better programs LOL

gwayms said:
What is the best/easiest way to get tracks from a drum program and a recording program to line up? I am using mixcraft & beatcraft. If I make a beat in beatcraft and play along with it fine. When I convert it over to mixcraft it is never really lined up, always off just a little bit. Any suggestions. probably better programs LOL

I don't know either of these programs, but maybe some general suggestions off the top of my head might help?

- I am not certain if these programs can be linked by MIDI or something similar, but that would be the way to go if that is possible.

- Are they VST-compliant programs? Can the drum program sit as a VST instrument within the recording program which will have everything locked to a common clock?

- If not, then what you can do is create a four bar click count-in at the start of each recorded track. If all the tracks are slightly out you should be able to move each track around a little bit until all the count-in clicks line up. The tracks should now play in synch.....hopefully!

Dags

Back