Best way to cut 2" 703?

5stringer

Has anyone got any ideas how to achieve the best possible straight cut on 2" (or 4") Owens Corning 703 without tearing it to shreads making a mess if it lol?

Has anyone got any ideas how to achieve the best possible straight cut on 2" (or 4") Owens Corning 703 without tearing it to shreads making a mess if it lol?

I successfully cut 4" RockSilk RS45 with a Stanley knife. I was worried it might just rip it to shreds, but with a fairly fresh blade it went right through it. Would that work for 703?

If the material will squish down....I used to cut insulation by putting a large piece of plywood below and then taking another "straight" piece and put that on top. Then use the top piece to "squash" the insulation down to about 1/2 inch and cut it with a razor knife.

I think you can also get razor knives that are larger than 1/2 inch which might be a good option as well.

nf

kitchen knife

LOL, Ive cut tons of this stuff for a studio build and I just used a big chopping knife from the kitchen along with a flat straightedge worked like a charm

A factory near me that makes sound proof machinery enclosures uses electric bread knives to cut 703. I just use a normal serrated bread knife to cut both 703 and foam.

Alan.

Back