Best virtual drummer w. individual tracks for each piece oif ki?

lingyai

Hi everyone, I have read RokZtar's recent post in this sub-forum about the best VSTi drummer but am asking this in this seperate post because my question is somewhat different.

I am a complete newb when it comes to drum machines / VSTi drum kits. So far when I've needed drums I used loops in Acid, but then it's a matter of having the right loops, sometimes spending lots of time browsing, etc. Sometimes the results were really good, but a compromise, and -- importantly -- what I ended up with was a single "drum kit track" instead of a separate snare tarck, separate kick track etc. I really want separate tracks for each part of the kit so I can give each part its own fx (eq and compression etc).
Can anyone suggest the best drum VSTi for my needs? By my needs I mean easy to use; great sound, obviously; the ability to render each part of a kit to its own WAV file, or some other way of applying seperate FX to each part of the kit; stability; and not too expensive (around $150 max, though much chepaer would be preferred.) By the way most of the stuff I do tends towards lighter rock, jazz, and country, so I'm looking for convincingly "human", acoustic-sounding drum sounds, nothing techno-sounding, death metal, or weapons of mass percussion.
Any suggestions much appreciated.

Back