Best usb audio interface under 100 Euro!

Liv You

I want to know which audio interface can i get for this price range?(and please don't tell me to save money for something better because this is my whole budget!)
I want to record only vocals(rap) without any other instruments,but i want it to have some features like:Phantom power 48V and Direct Monitoring...
I was looking for M-Audio Fast Track MKII but the i've read some reviews that weren't so good and i want to know if are any other options!

Thank's for your answers!

I want to know which audio interface can i get for this price range?(and please don't tell me to save money for something better because this is my whole budget!)
I want to record only vocals(rap) without any other instruments,but i want it to have some features like:Phantom power 48V and Direct Monitoring...
I was looking for M-Audio Fast Track MKII but the i've read some reviews that weren't so good and i want to know if are any other options!

Thank's for your answers!

I can't think of a politically correct way to put this... cheap crap is crap. If I could have purchased the same functionality and quality as my USBPre2 for $100 I would have.

i understand what are you saying,i'm not expecting from a 100$ ultra quality,but a decent quality i think you can!

Alas, it's probably about double the budget! A nice bit of kit though--they list the BBC as a user on their site so I checked with a friend there and he recommends it highly.

Frankly, for the budget the M Audio Fast Track Mk II (not the original) is actually pretty good--those saying it's not are probably gear snobs. I've been using an M Audio Mobile Pre which is similar quality for several years with measurement mics and SMAART to do acoustic testing of venues and the quality is certainly enough to give valid results.

To do any better you'll likely have to go slightly over your budget--the FOCUSRITE SCARLETT 2i2 is a nice sounding uint for about 128 Euros if you shop around like the B stock deal I linked. I think the Tascam US122 is about the same price--but both have an extra mic input you may not need.

Alas, it's probably about double the budget! A nice bit of kit though--they list the BBC as a user on their site so I checked with a friend there and he recommends it highly.

Maybe have another look? The $US150 price from Centrance works out at around 117 euro (at www xe.com)

The Mic Port Pro does seem well credentialed, and I can't for a moment imagine that the BBC would bother with junk.

I haven't managed to find that $149 outside the USA though...best Aussie deal so far is $212.50 with most places wanting about $259.

Best UK price I could find was £154.99, roughly the same as Australia. I haven't found a European dealer yet--Thomann don't seem to sell them.

Although I have ordered stuff from the States (and am tempted to this time) my success rate except for known retailers is only about 60%--and the postage sometimes makes the local prices competitive.

Although I have ordered stuff from the States (and am tempted to this time) my success rate except for known retailers is only about 60%--and the postage sometimes makes the local prices competitive.

Are you going to buy a mic port??? Would be great to get some first-hand feedback!

Thomann have a rake of 100ee'ish usb AIs.

M-A Fast track mk2 (if it is a cut down fast track pro, will be ok) 88ee
NI Traktion A2 (if same stable as my Ka6, best of the lot!) 95
Avid (M-A!) 95
Alesis i/o2 99
Lexicon Lambda (Looks a lot for your money!) 105

And not at Ts but commonly found...
Emu 0204 usb 98

Anyone know owt about owt above, squeak!

Dave. Pah! CAREFULLY put all those prices under each other!!!!

And, just checked out the Centrance device, looks good.

The ad won't please Aunty Beeb however because there is a "gentlemans" agreement that their name is not mentioned in ads!

Dave.

Are you going to buy a mic port??? Would be great to get some first-hand feedback!

Considering it...it'll be contingent on a project I may have coming up which involves a lot of voice recording on location for which I think it would be perfect. It's a bit pricey for a poor pensioner like me to just buy on a whim though!

Back