Best Studio Headphones- Decent Budget

3ktl

I recently setup my first home studio and I was wondering what are everyones recommendations for studio headphones up to $300. The only thing I've found so far is the Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphones. Thank you in advance.

i have using those about 5 years now and i'd say go for them. it takes some time to learn to listen with them. for me they are unreplaceable

I just bought Sennheiser HD380. They are very clear and have a large frequency range, more then you can hear, so it won't be bad quality at high/low freqs. They are also closed and passive noise/sound reduction with 32 dB. I love them. Depends on what you gonna use the phones for. But for recording drums and instruments I would recommend those. Or for pre-eq a drumset in same room for example. But again, depends on what you're gonna use them for. The Sennheiser's I bought for around 120$ (from Norwegian kroner to USD). But depends on what you're gonna use them for. : )

I just bought Sennheiser HD380. They are very clear and have a large frequency range, more then you can hear, so it won't be bad quality at high/low freqs. They are also closed and passive noise/sound reduction with 32 dB. I love them. Depends on what you gonna use the phones for. But for recording drums and instruments I would recommend those. Or for pre-eq a drumset in same room for example. But again, depends on what you're gonna use them for. The Sennheiser's I bought for around 120$ (from Norwegian kroner to USD). But depends on what you're gonna use them for. : )

I'd go with Treskalle on the choice of headphones.
But your not going to mix with them are you? I mean you said that you just set up your studio and I'm hoping that you were able to install some monitors. ;)

:cool:

If someone gave me $300 headphones, I'd accept them gratefully. But I wouldn't be knocking out that kind of money for a pair ! Besides, in England they won't take $$$$s {although they might make an exception for 300 of them ! :D}.

Back