Best sounding album of '07

MessianicDreams

Hey guys,

as we're approaching the end of this year, I thought it would be cool to share our favourite sounding albums of 2007. I'm talking about production values and overall sonic pleasure. Here's a few of mine:

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raising Sand
Radiohead - In Rainbows (the vinyl version only. the CD version is too smashed)
David Gilmour - On an Isalnd (or was that 2006?)

anyone wanna add to the list?

jimmy eat world - "chase this light"

I bought that album and Id have to disagree. Dont get me wrong, I like them, have for close to ten years, but I just wasnt feeling it. "Clarity", IMO, was much much better sounding and better produced.

For 07, I would have to say the best sounding is Battles-"Mirrored"

Foo Fighters. Can't say enough about that CD. Songs, performance and production.
Tina Dico, Count To Ten. Real nice acoustic/electronica sound. CD has not dropped in US yet but has been released elsewhere.

I'm not sure if it's 2007 or 2006 that the Raconteurs released Broken Boy Soldiers, but it has remained my favorite album since at least the spring.

It was nominated for album of the year, but I forget in which year and which award.

Just looked it up---2006. Great album.

foo fighters-echoes, silence, patience and grace.

fanstastic production, great songs. dave grohl truly is one of the best, if not the best musician around.

Wilco - Sky Blue Sky
Production and sound circa 1970;)They recorded the whole album with almost no overdubs, sitting in a circle playing through tiny amps so everything could be heard by everone and bleeding into each others mics. The mix is superb and everything has a nice warm analog sound to it.
Oh yeah, the songs are awesome too:D

Mike

Gotta add to the list

Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals - Lifeline

the sleave notes say that it was recorded AND mixed in 7 days, on nothing but analogue equipment...pretty amazing.

After a look through my CD collection, I felt compelled to add a couple more

Dimmu Borgir - In Sorte Diaboli....listened to this album non stop when it came out

Machine Head - The Blackening. IMO pisses all over Through the Ashes of Empires (as great as it was). To me it sits up there just under Burn My Eyes. Although I don't think Machine Head have ever released a tune as kick-ass as Davidian or Old since.

Back