Best Recording Package?

Hoodoomoo

So I've been getting into recording, I currently have lots of instruments, a laptop, an 8 channel analog mixer, an SM57, SM58 and another mic and I have another mic, I can't remember what it is off the top of my head but basically it's another brands version of an SM57. So currently I run into a small pre-amp, to my mixer, and then the main out of my mixer to my laptop, and I use the monitor channel for, well monitor speakers haha. So I want to upgrade my equitment and when I go to college, I probably can't take the mixer or mics with me, so I want to buy a "package", either just random stuff together or one of those packs they have on musicians friend... so longstory short, what's the best bang for my buck?

What will you be recording? Like guitar/vox or more?

If it was just guitar and vocals, i would look for the deal that has the MXL 990 and 991. I've heard those are good for the money.

What will you be recording? Like guitar/vox or more?

If it was just guitar and vocals, i would look for the deal that has the MXL 990 and 991. I've heard those are good for the money.

I'm going to be recording my electric guitar through my peavey amp, bass, and vocals, along with Sam's keyboards. And I saw those packages, but are they really good for the money?

Back