Best recording mixer

rll882000

Im looking at a mixer for recording,
What would be the best mixer for recording for about 200 dollars, i bought a behringer but that was a joke to me it was so loud so im returning it. I was thinking either one of the yamaha's or a mackie but im not sure yet

I don't believe there is such thing as a "best" mixer. Each mixer, at every price point, does different things and produces different results in different situations. You should organize your thoughts and ask a more pointed question concerning your musical needs.

The Soundcraft Compact mixers are just plain weird. I'm sure they serve a purpose as part of a DAW interface but they won't help you anywhere else.

I don't know what $200 gets you but the Yamaha MG12/4 is a superb value mixer. The Mackie's don't show good value IMO, but they're a little better than the Yamahas. Don't bother with anything by Phonic or Alto, they are even shoddier than the Behringers.

I would say though that Behringer UB mixers have the edge over most of the others for flexibility of routing. Shame they couldn't have just made them sound a little nicer. :)

mixer do i need it?

rll882000 said:
Im looking at a mixer for recording,
What would be the best mixer for recording for about 200 dollars, i bought a behringer but that was a joke to me it was so loud so im returning it. I was thinking either one of the yamaha's or a mackie but im not sure yet
okay this is what i wanna do ...i use fl studio for my beats. then i record vocals in cool edit then mixdown there for now. i have a maudio usb pre coming as my interface this week which i would be using. now the question is do i need a mixer anywhere in between? and WHAT DO A MIXER REALLY DO OR USED FOR? i really down know? :confused:

If you are doing the mixdown in Cool Edit, and the music is coming from FL, and you only want to record vocals, why not just spend the money on a nice preamp? From the sounds of things you don't even need a mixer.

Thats What I Thought

distortedrumble said:
i agree with apl. if you're only doing your voice...dont worry about getting a mixer.
thats what i thought tho...i just need the interface and a good condenser mic. and it should be good. what about the mastering..i have t-racks any suggestions?? :)

dont worry about mastering...send that to a professional...just mix your stuff well...some mastering studios will go back and mix your tracks for you before they master them if you dont feel comfortable about that.

mastering

distortedrumble said:
dont worry about mastering...send that to a professional...just mix your stuff well...some mastering studios will go back and mix your tracks for you before they master them if you dont feel comfortable about that.
thats the whole point i want to do it all. if i have a home studio iwant to create,record,mixdown and master my own music.

mastering cant be learned in a day or month or year even if you read the book and download all the waves bundles with cracked codes.....create, record and mixdown and sell whatcha got.

now you can always download the cracked waves bundles with the mastering plug ins and use those.....except people will know it wasnt professional mastered. theres much more involved than just slapping in a few plug ins and moving some knobs.

Back