Best price online sources?

Griffinator

I live in a small town that is exactly 50 miles from NOWHERE, so I have to buy gear online (because the local shops don't carry "boutique" gear like Hughes&Kettner (love the RedBox), Rode, etc.

So, I need to know (without slushing through page after page) - who's got the best deals on a consistent basis among the online music stores?

See, I've heard conflicting viewpoints there - A lot of people have said that Sweetwater's "deals" are roughly the same as everyone else's regular prices...

that was more or less an attempt at humor, regarding Radio Shack....sorry if i offended you...it was not intended......

but they do have an inexpensive mic that Harvery Gerst Recommends for toms

Fair enough :)

that was more or less an attempt at humor, regarding Radio Shack....sorry if i offended you...it was not intended......

I'm utterly appalled that you would mention such a company!

And to top it off, to have the unmitigated GALL to apologize!!!!

:D

I've found that the online shops with the most consistent best prices on schtuff is www.8thstreet.com and www.musiciansadvocate.com. At musician's advocate you have to call in to get almost all of their prices, but for some items they beat the competition hands down price wise. Haven't bought anything from them yet, so I can't comment on the type of service you get...

FWIW, Bay View Pro Audio (www.bayviewproaudio.com) claims that they will beat anyone's price, and they have a lot of great gear. I bought from them, and the service was stellar, you can talk to a real person. However, I've bought from a lot of other places too, and I've never really experienced bad service (except at "this one goes to 11" Guitar Center), so maybe I've just been lucky.

Back