Best new rock group in Chattanooga...

Ok, I was just listening to some tower of power so this is pale in comparison. The mp3 I have streaming off soundclit is not so good so this aint easy...

The guitars sound a bit too crunchy for this style in my opinion. The organ is swamped in the mix and very hard to hear. I would like to hear the guitars narrowed in to a frequency range to let the bass and organ stand out more. Really though, I would like to hear a cleaner guitar sound on at least one of the guitars...something like a princeton type sound.
The vocal is too dry sounding in this particular mix, it does not seem right next to the guitars.

The playing and composition is very good.

I agree, I have a newer version with narrowed guitars and it helps. I will up-load it tonight. The first thing I thought when I heard him sing (in the studio)was is his voice does not fit well. I have heard them live and his voice is overdriven a little and it works better. The lead guitar player/ vocalist/ songwriter dictated the sound for his guitars. I am going to ask him to re-sing the vocal and use and sm57 into the GR....(maybe he will)

What do you think?

As always thanks...
Rob

Sounds like a plan. An option is to maybe use two preamps and drive one really hard into the other to get some grit while compressing it heavily.

I have done the two preamp thing with great success.

Try to talk them into turning the gain back on at least one guitar for recording...I know they will hate you for it. :rolleyes:

I will try that on the vocal. Maybe reamp it through the GR and compress it hard then add a little back in?

I was a little hesitant to post my stuff at first, but this is the best way to learn. You guys are just honest and straight forward.

Thanks,
Rob

You've got to get some better B3 and EP sounds - it takes away from the authenticity of the song. Perhaps a little less crunch on the guitars as well. Nice drummer.

sounds good
not my type of thing but i think you did a good job
the rhode or whatever sound lacks a little something, but i couldn't say what

rdozz said:
"B3 and EP sounds"? I don't understand...

Rob

The organ and electric piano sounds are too fake. If you like 'em, keep 'em. I think they are what keeps this from being as good a song as it could be.

Back