Best Music Hosting Site?

Grey Angel

Angel of Shredding
The time has come...I now have music that I feel is complete enough to spend the time uploading it to the internet (on my 28.8k modem :eek: ). Now I am searching for "that magical site" to host my tunes. So, drop a line or two naming what site hosts your music, and why you like it. :cool:

NL5 said:
Well, not to pimp my own site, but if your looking for an easy way to share songs YOU have recorded, www.lightningmp3.com is the easist way to do it. and it's absolutely FREE!

You mean, you run it and everything? That's a good enough reason as any for me to try it, then :D

Grey Angel said:
You mean, you run it and everything? That's a good enough reason as any for me to try it, then :D

Well, I "run" it - I had to pay a guy to do the coding for the site. Try it out, and see what you think. It's pretty popular here on home recording - especially for posting song links in threads.

:D

my votes for soundclick. i only learned bout purevolume yesterday and i hope they redo their irrevocable license stuff. but you get what you pay for :)

Well, I actually signed up at soundclick a few weeks ago, but whenever I finish uploading an mp3, it goes to this page that says it's "formatting" or something; I waited at that page for a half hour, and it did nothing. So, I don't know; I'm sure it would be great if I had a faster connection or something. :o

greenie said:
you uploading with a 128/44.1 mp3? that might be the prob.
just guessing tho

What's the problem with that? I thought that was pretty much the standard bitrate for mp3s? :confused:

mshilarious said:
I enjoyed all 4 seconds of it! :D

. . . is it supposed to sound that distant :confused:

It's supposed to sound like an 18 year old got her hands on Sonar 4:PE and went effects-crazy. :D

But yeah, I like to imagine a cowboy riding across a desert, with patches of tough-but-dead grass on either side, sheltering lizards from the scorching sun.

Back