Best large diaphragm condenser under 500

Th3RadMan

I am looking for the best mic I can get for this price point, it will be used for vocals only. It's ok if it has an xlr connection and I have to spend extra (~200-300) for a mixer or something of the sorts.

If any other info is needed I can hopefully​ answer

ok, what is a good mixer that you would use?what would be the most efficient way to get the audio from the mixer to the pc without losing any quality?

I am looking for the best mic I can get for this price point, it will be used for vocals only. It's ok if it has an xlr connection and I have to spend extra (~200-300) for a mixer or something of the sorts.

If any other info is needed I can hopefully​ answer

500 what?

Pounds, €uros, US Dollars, Australian Dollars, Rupees, Yen, Crowns, Rand, etc................... ???

What do you want to record?
For most home setups I wouldn't recommend a mixer at all.
A simple usb or firewire audio interface is often a simpler/better/more appropriate way to go.

I will be recording vocals. I cant use a firewire since i dont have one on my pc, and i really dont want to add a pcie card just for firewire. I have been using a blue snowball for a while and its alright and usb, I want to get something that will be able to last me a long time

I cant use a firewire since i dont have one on my pc

That's fine. Go USB.
My point is if you buy a conventional microphone you need to get the audio into your PC.
A mixer is largely useless for vocals and only gets you half of the way there since you still need converters.

I'd go with a decent quality USB audio interface. Focusrite or something like that.

Back