Best Headset for this scenario?

eddyhamilton

I record and commentate gaming video's, I currently use a Blue Yeti. My blue yeti works fantastically... When the house is totally silent. Unfortunately I share my home with several other people, children and dogs... I am looking to purchase a headset that will have solid sound quality as close as possible to the Yeti, but I want to to have a much closer range, so that when someone else walks around, or the dogs on the floor above bark, or someone walks down the stairs, that is canceled out, and only the noise DIRECTLY in front of my mic (My voice) is picked up. Does such a headset exist, and if so, where may I purchase one?

That doesn't change the fact that the majority here won't have experience with headsets.
You might get some info on lapel mics from the live sound guys but that's not really the same.

I game a little but I use an RE20 on a table top stand.
If you you want to try getting a better result from your current mic, turn the gain down and move the mic much closer to you.

Headsets generally don't have some special cancellation feature. They're just very very close to the intended source.
That should help a lot.

Back