Best Ex-girlfriend Song. LMAO

lol. You must be the poster boy for that damn br8. I used to have one, and it was a nice toy. I sure miss a lot of the effects on that thing. The COMP + BIG EQ was rather nice. The detune effect was awesome, the flangers and choruses were some of the best out there, and the Phaser was just amazing. The COSM amp-modellers were very fun, as well.

Glad to see you're having fun with it. Keep it up.

Good overall effort and the song isn't bad but I absolutely hate the FM-radio dj bass in the vocal... it grates very quickly and causes the rest of the mix to sound a bit thin and less punchy because it overpowers everything.....

I'd seriously re-think the vocal EQ/mix level and re-mix it.....

Good luck!

Bruce

Blue Bear Sound said:
Good overall effort and the song isn't bad but I absolutely hate the FM-radio dj bass in the vocal... it grates very quickly and causes the rest of the mix to sound a bit thin and less punchy because it overpowers everything.....

I'd seriously re-think the vocal EQ/mix level and re-mix it.....

Good luck!

Bruce

The vocal mix has definitely got to go. Sounds like you're singing in a deep dark tunnel. The rest of the mix is great though.

imalion said:

Usually when I post a song here I ask for some feedback and tips. Thats not the case on this song.
I know it is a good song. And I know you will all enjoy it.

As said by Blue Bear, the vocal grates very quickly.....maybe even quicker for me because of how you described this... I can smell the vanity in your post,:eek: so I have no problem telling you what I don't like about this.....I think you need to hear some negative comments....

It was decent but is in no way the best exgirlfriend/wife song I have heard.:D...it doesn't even come close.....It is decent though and had a few funny parts.....like the 'south park' stuff.....it is a decent song, don't get me wrong....and I am not a very good vocalist, but I know what I like.........and what I don't.........so take my comments with a ton of salt.....

It was O.K. but did not live up to its description *IMOP*

later:D:cool:

I think I need some new monitors. Because the vocals sounded good here in my studio. But now that I have played it in a few different stereos. I can hear what your talking about.

Thanks.

Steven

P.S. Maybe "Best" was a strong word. But I like it none the less.

hey dude,

I didn't hate the tune...it was decent...

one more thing....the best song sbout this subject IMOP is,

'unsuccesfully coping with the natural beauty of infidelity'

by a band called 'Type O Negative'

check it out! You'll know I did you a favor by reccomending it if you do!!:D :cool:

BTW - feel free to rip my songs to shreds!:D

on the EX topic

I just gotta throw out my first recording... Not as pro as yours imalion... but I couldn't help myself, actually like I said It really was my first recording by myself!! http://www.mp3.com/Bochuulnia
funny punkish F'ed up!

Them drums sound like its a cut from Billy Idol.............songs decent........Br8 huh......Not bad for just that.........

I agree... anyone who says this is the "best" song deserves some raw criticism... and I'm just the one to give it... :D (muuahahahahaa!!!)

The recording was good... I've heard nothing but good things about the BR8. (Including that Joe Satriani recorded an entire album on one, but that may have just been a rumor.) And the guitar riffs are pretty clean and tight (rhythmically, that is)...

but...

other than the technical aspects, I didn't like it at all. My complaint about the vocals was not the effect used on it, but rather that it was flat. I dunno if it was intended to be flat in certain places, or if the vocalist just couldn't annunciate the notes enough to make them clearly distinguishable. As for the song itself... I wouldn't say it was the "best" anything... it wasn't anything to write home about in any respect. Mediocre at "best". :cool:

but hey.. the recording was good. :p

WATYF

Back